Saturday 26 October 2013

Task 2a

Starting a diary has been an interesting and innovative task so far. When the handbook suggested about exploring different ways to keep a diary, I couldnt really think of any other way than properly writing in a notebook. With today's technology being a priority use in society, to me it is a novelty and almost nostalgic feeling towards keeping a book, expressing your thoughts, reflecting, writing down your ideas and secrets that come from your own hand and straight on to paper.

I have so many notebooks in my draw that were empty or half written, really pretty too, and so I am glad I am putting them in to some use!

I have had a great learning curve these past few weeks, with a lot of ups and downs, thus keeping a journal has helped me reflect about these experiences and give me time to have some downtime and relax.
I am naturally someone who learns through writing down, and my mind wonders a lot. This task so far has allowed me to focus and keep my thoughts more structured and going in the right direction for when tough times come up. It is a great way to stay positive, or lift the spirits up, and in a way a type of meditation. I am in the process of trying different ways to reflect and finding a personal touch, so soon a post about my 'journal writing experience' will come up.

My journal is a great addition to my daily bag, and a great activity for travelling to and from work!  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabrielle

    I hope you're keeping happy through the ups and downs.

    It's so interesting reading about the different ways people are approaching this, and what they already know about themselves!

    I have decided to use an app for my journal, and know I already do a lot of my reflection in my head and through talking. I have found the writing itself easy (because I love to write) but it is not something I am finding particularly easy as a task as I am always puzzling through things in my head and talking about them out loud with colleges so by the time I get to the journal, I've usually formed a plan/structured an idea etc. I think the fact I've got a visual record of it, providing I look back through, will help me establish what I have learned and put it into practise in advance...

    Take care

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabrielle,

    I look forward to reading how you got on trying your different writing styles, i like how you aid about your pretty notebooks, i always find that!

    Its good that you can write your journal on the way or way back from work, the thing i find difficult is making time to record my thoughts!

    Heather X

    ReplyDelete