Monday 30 March 2015

Breaking Pointe- Part 2

There were various approaches the dancers had to overcome the challenges they were facing. For instance:
·      When the last show came round: Now they have to give it all they got. Although the dancers were physically and mentally exhausted, it showed that having a specific mindset helps to get through it all.

·      During the performance challenges:

o   You can't get hung up on it, you just got to keep on goingIf you had a bad performance you have to put it away.
o   Just need to get out there and do what I know I can do, not get caught up in the wrong things
o   Everybody freaks out during out this time...se we all have to pull it together, no time for drama. Just focus.

·      Believing helps! Ronnie found that you need to believe you are perfection from head to toe, as it is your time to shine. Adam believed that Allison has a technical capacity that she might not feel she has
 

Motivations and goals
They feel happy and good from performing when it goes well- feeling of success was a goal to work towards. You are thinking about everything and nothing at once. For a dancer, the leading roles is what they live for. I mean this is what they put so much work in for.

Words of wisdom and advice

With ballet we sacrifice a lot of our lives but nothing will replace ballet to me. The feeling that it gives me is unique to me. It's hard, but it's worth it.


I am submerged in ballet, but I feel like this the only thing that is stable.
Ballet is my life,  this is what I want to devote my time to. .

All of the sacrifices we make, all of the pain we go through, all the rehearsals we go through, it's all for perfection. ..so that we can get on stage and have that one moment that no one can take away from you.

When you are on stage, and all eyes are on you, it's the most incredible feeling...its what I live for. It's why I dance.

The atmosphere before the curtain goes up is electrifying. There is this feeling of excitement and nervousness.

It's amazing what adversity brings to you...
She advises: go back to the roots of why you danced and forget about all that stuff


This series has been inspirational for my professional artefact and a great source to relate to regarding sourcing knowledge from a dancer’s own opinion and experiences. It expresses the dancers’ feelings and emotions in a positive and powerful way, with the addition of portraying dance as a movement and as an art form. 


Breaking Pointe. Prod. Westbrook, L. United States, 2012. Documetary Series. CW

No comments:

Post a Comment