Monday 14 April 2014

Response to Inquiry questions- 4C

A very much delayed post on some responses, but got some great feedback from one professional ballet dancer!
Why do you dance? 
What stimulates you, and motivates you to keep going through all the hardships of a professional ballet dancer?

I think there are three main reasons that keeps me dancing and what motivated me most to continue during the hard times: performing ; the creativity on it and the many types of dance and areas that you can work ; the physical involvement on it. 

Performance is the main goal for dancers and I always felt more motivated after great performances. Even the bad ones challenge me to get better. To be on stage is a unique feeling , I always felt that I was finally alone. On stage just you decide , is just you in control. You deliver your whole body for the audience. Nobody can stop you. I enjoy this loneliness. I also enjoy the energy of all others involved , the expectation and how tired you are after performing. One of the things that I am most enjoying this year is that I perform every day. Always when I was feeling that i wanted to stop , once i was in stage i thought: no , I cant stop... that can be associate with the other point that i mentioned. 

The creativity involved on the dance world really motivates me. I am an open minded person , who likes to experiment new stuff and is far away from dreaming to be a white swan. I get super excited once i am learning a new a totally different choreo or discover other type of class , other style. When i watch performances from different dance companies and realize how many types of perform exist , and are amazing , really motivates me to keep going and to find my place. The challenge is a great feeling... so when i perform and realize how i love to be on stage , and how many ways i can be on stage.Contemporary , Neoclassical , Classical , many choreographers , musicals , physical theater 

When i watch a company I think there are three main reasons that keeps me dancing and what motivated me most to continue during the hard times: performing ; the creativity on it and the many types of dance and areas that you can work ; the physical involvement on it- doing something that i never saw and involves me , is really motivating. 

The third one is the physical aspect. Yes we feel a lot of pain , yes we get really tired. But is addictive and we cant stop for a long time. I feel my body different when i am shape and i enjoy this feeling. And how many times dance also helped me to forget about my problems. I think even is a decide to stop dancing , i wont stop danicng totally because is a type of exercise which is diffferent from any gym , pilates , yoga session...and i think it also motivates me , because i end up enjoying the healthy life style.





No comments:

Post a Comment