Monday 21 April 2014

Award Title- 6C

Having achieved a Diploma in Dance with Trinity College of London, it seems most appropriate to further my studies with BA (Hons) in Professional Practice in Dance, gaining greater in-depth knowledge in my chosen field to inspire young aspiring ballet dancers in the future.  

Dancing has been a part of my life ever since my 1st ballet class at aged 4. Whether it was my inspiring teacher (who encouraged us to pretend to push shopping trolleys in our mothers’ high heels/ let us be fairies in the forest) or the beautiful grand white tutus that I would always dream of wearing, I will never know, but perhaps the combination of all those factors contributed to the path I took, and lead me to where I am now.
Ever since I was little, practicing various styles- ballet, contemporary, jazz, tap, flamenco. I had the privilege of being part of wonderful ballet schools, dance studios, a select ballet academy, a tap company, and a flamenco company, and was privileged to tap at the Swiss and the World Tap Championships.
Joining a full time vocational ballet school meant that I was serious about pursuing a career as a professional dancer. The environment was invigorating, and the new ballet life became more real as opportunities came up to dance and tour with world-renowned companies in England, and a neo-classical/contemporary company in Singapore

I’d like my inquiry to focus specifically on professional ballet dancers, and their compelling reasons why they enjoy dancing. It not only sets to explore their inspirations and motivations in their choice to follow the classical ballet path, but also aims to inspire ballet dancers and share the magic of the classical ballet world to others. Therefore I would like to specify the award title to ‘Dance’ because it is the field of practice I work in and benefit from, and it is within the area my inquiry will focus on.


I plan to continue pursuing this career, as long as I am able, and even afterwards I would still like to be involved in this magical world of dance. Therefore I believe the award title of a BA Honors in Dance will help me in doing so for my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment