Friday 14 February 2014

Inquiring even further...

In the midst of a real transitional phase of my life, traveling, nursing an injury, I have been able to develop my inquiries even further. An to have the pleasure to reflect in my home country, in the beautiful Cape has helped tremendously!

After a long Skype with Paula, a few inspiring ideas came to mind. While explaining to her about my ideas for my professional inquiry, it became clearer on what I wanted to do. I first had a mishmash of things to do with nutrition, health and fitness, physical + mental aspects of a dancers life. She suggested I made a few pages of notes on each topic and so I decided to create some spiderwebs diagrams:






Looking back on task 2d, it all related to my enthusiasm of well being as a dancer. In addition I discussed overcoming injuries, casting decisions, rejections as well as finding inspiration to discover explanation on why I love what I do.

What has now come to mind was how all these discussions and questions have linked together: the general inquiry about how a dancer's well being, mentally and physically, leads to development within their dancing and profession.

I was encouraged to research, actually google some of these topics, and a few interesting sites have popped up:

And what got me especially excited was Megan Lewis's post on Dance UK with their Dance Phsycology week. This website has loads of intriguing stuff all over! Looking forward to crack on...

No comments:

Post a Comment